Teacher Training Program Facilitators:
Regina DeWitt, E-RYT 500, After 30 years as an RN working in the hospital Regina decided to take health care into a different arena. She began the study of yoga in 1995, the tradition of B.K.S. Iyengar and alignment based principles. In 2009 after leaving the hospital she opened Prana Yoga and Healing Center. Offering classes, workshops, and teacher training. In 2011 I began to study Kundalini Yoga through the teachings of Yogi Bhajan. Wanting to share these teachings, Kundalini Teacher Training was offered at Prana Yoga in 2015 for the first time, which she was a part of the graduating class. She maintains her license as an RN, in addition to E-RYT 500 and Certified Kundalini teacher.
Kery Helmer, PT, E-RYT 500, is a Physiologist and Stress Management Specialist with a degree in Integrative Medicine. With almost 20 years experience blending anatomy science with a holistic, mind body approach to health, she delivers her programs through international Yoga & Ayurveda Teachings, Stress Management Groups, Workshops, Teacher Trainings, and Retreats. Kery has had the opportunity to work with a very diverse group of individuals ranging from Martial Artists, to post-injury/surgery, and individuals with chronic disease such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s. Her platform, Super Vibes, is a modern day approach to timeless practices and philosophies from Yoga & Ayurveda. Courses are structured to get back to nature, to awaken that connection and cultivate compassion, inclusivity, and activism.
Our carefully chosen staff will lead you to:
- Discover therapeutic and Healing dimensions of Yoga
- Refine personal practices of meditation, pranayama, and self-healing
- Deepen knowledge of Yoga literature, history, philosophy, and science
- Apply the wisdom teachings of great Yogis for self-transformation
- Overcome obstacles in your learning and practice
- Engage in sharing and discussion with other Yoga practitioners
- Cultivate a peaceful mind and a healthy balanced inner life between body, mind, and heart.
For Teacher Candidates
- Improve teaching techniques
- Teach often overlooked elements of Yoga
- Create a more customized teaching style by finding aspects of Yoga that are of special interest
- Develop business strategies to effectively market Yoga in alignment with your interests and niche.
February 2020 – November 2020
“Bridging the Gap – A modern approach to the authentic teachings of Yoga.”
Our students not only receive a thorough education in the authentic Yoga traditions, but will also learn how to apply these ancient teachings in a way that is practical and accessible living with the experiences of the modern world. In the Immersion Program, in addition to the physical aspects of good health, we will delve more deeply into yoga as a spiritual practice and:
- The Principals of Alignment, Anatomy and Physiology as they apply to yoga
- Energetic Anatomy and the Subtle Bodies
- Yoga Philosophy and Sacred Texts
- Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, and Meditation
- Restorative, Yoga Nidra, Chair and The Yoga Wall
- The Use of Essential Oils
- Introduction to Ayurveda the Sister Science of Yoga
Feb 22-23 Jul 18-19
Mar 21-22 Aug 15-16
Apr 18-19 Sept 19-20
May 23-24 Oct 17-18
Jun 20-21 Nov 21-22
Hours each month are: Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-6:00pm.
Students interested in Teacher Certification will also observe and assist in supervised public classes taught by Program Faculty, attend a specified number of community classes, and complete homework including keeping a daily practice journal, writing assignments, required readings, quizzes, and a special project. In addition to the Immersion modules, the following will be required for Teacher Certification:
200 hr and 500hr
- The art and science of sequencing a yoga class
- Yoga Ethics and Building the Business
- CPR Certification
- Yoga as a Therapy for Stress, Chronic Disease, and Limited Function
Graduates of the program will be able to confidently and intelligently assist the specific needs of their students and apply the appropriate modalities to provide the most effective care regardless of age or condition. Furthermore, graduates will learn to design creative, artful, healing yoga classes and private sessions that inspire and empower students.
Classes will be held one weekend per month for ten months. The dates are as follows for 2020:
Immersion $2675 paid in full $2975 $500 dep w/$275 payment
200hr $3175 paid in full $3525 $500 dep $336 payments